The undersigned, whether an individual or husband and wife (hereinafter called the “Applicant”)1 hereby applies for membership in, and agrees to purchase electric energy from the Central Rural Electric Cooperative (hereinafter called the “Cooperative”) upon the following terms and conditions:
1. The Applicant will pay the Cooperative the sum of $50.00, which, if the Cooperative accepts this application, will constitute the Applicant’s membership fee. The Applicant will be charged a Service Initiation Fee that will be applied to their first bill. In addition, a security deposit may be required, which will earn interest and will be refunded after 12 consecutive months of prompt payment or service disconnect. A security deposit of $500.00 will be required for consumers with a poor credit rating according to the outside credit scoring service selected by the Board of Trustees. A $300.00 deposit will be required from consumers with a moderate credit rating. For a further explanation of fees, please visit www.crec.coop or call the Customer Service Department.
2. The Applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws of the Cooperative and such rules and regulations as may from time-to-time be adopted by the Cooperative.
3. The Applicant, by paying the membership fee, assumes no personal liability or responsibility for any debts or liabilities of the Cooperative, and it is expressly understood that under the law his private property is exempt from execution for any such debts or liabilities.
4. The Applicant hereby agrees that $3.12 of the amount paid for electricity each year is for a subscription to OKLAHOMA LIVING.
5. The Applicant will cause its premises to be properly wired in accordance with all applicable electrical codes. The Cooperative may refuse to connect, and may disconnect power to any service not meeting the codes.
6. Applicants may notify the Cooperative if they have a physical disability or are over the age of 65.
7. The Applicant will, when electric service becomes available, purchase from the Cooperative all the electric energy purchased for use on the premises described below, and will pay therefore monthly at rates to be determined from time to time in accordance with the Bylaws of the Cooperative; provided, however, that the Cooperative may limit the amount of energy which is shall be required to furnish to the Applicant. In the event the Applicant does not utilize the minimum amount of kilowatt-hours set by the Board of Trustees, the Applicant agrees to pay the minimum monthly payment set by the Board of Trustees.2
8. Applicant agrees that a 1.5% late fee will be added to the bill on all balances not paid by the due date. Unpaid bills become delinquent after the due date and the account may be subject to disconnect, a collection fee, and an additional deposit. Failure to receive bills does not extend payment dates. Applicant also agrees that should service be terminated due to failure to pay monthly bill, the Cooperative is not to he held liable for any damages incurred as a result of such termination.
9. Applicant pledges all interest in capital credits accrued or to be accrued in the name of the Applicant to the Cooperative as security to insure final payment to the Cooperative.
1 If Joint Applicant, the membership will be issued as Joint Tenancy with “Right of Survivorship” unless the Applicant notifies the Cooperative otherwise.
2 In the event the Applicant has signed a construction agreement to provide service to the premises, the construction agreement controls the agreement.